Tuesday 22 June 2010

Disc jam

No not, as the title may suggest, jam made from discs but a disc jamming in the DVD recorder. I have a VHS/DVD/HD all-in-one machine and was having a problem with the new DVDs I bought (can only record on them in one 'mode' apparently and I want the 'other' mode but can't format them to it because nothing's ever f**king easy). I then thought I had got the machine to dub OK but couldn't stop the recording so I pulled the plug out, when I put it back in it tried to read the disc, couldn't, and would hang on the loading screen. For a short while I was worried I'd totalled my machine (which would have been a big problem because I really need it for my work at the moment and I haven't got the money for a new one). Fortunately I must have contracted a healthy dose of luck virus (see Red Dwarf for those of you who don't know what this is) as I discovered that if one turns the cog jutting out from the underside of the player one can loosen the disc from the clamp at the top and slide it out of the drive. I switched the machine on, everything worked as normal and my heart started beating again. So that was a bloody trying experience.

Nothing's ever f**king easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment