Sunday 4 July 2010

Where Have I Been?

My apologies, loyal readers, for not posting these last few days. Where have I been? Well Thursday I was at the archive and ended up swearing at an A3 scanner for not being able to handle book with 'rifts and dips'. Then Friday I just couldn't really get started with anything but I did convert a couple of LPs to CD (not literally!) Then yesterday I went to the Trust's 'outpost' at Duxford (and, because life's a b*tch I forgot my camera, luckily another member of the party didn't!) Then today I have been back at the Trust's homeboy turf doing some more cataloguing. I finished a batch of 35mm film I was working on an had a couple of cans of 16mm I wanted to do so I pulled out the 16mm projector I left ready for the purpose. Of course since Christmas when it was last used entropy has stuck it's smelly claw in with the result that the bulb wouldn't light when I fired it up. Thankfully I have... more than one of my own that do have working bulbs so more home cataloguing for me! In fact that's what I'll be spending most of this week doing since I've taken all days bar Wednesday off work for the purpose as various members of my family are at work/on holiday and the house should be pretty quiet so I can get on with it.

Of course on Wednesday I will be trying to make a Kodacolor filter using coloured gels and clear perspex and if there's one thing I'm anticipating is that it won't be f**king easy because:

Nothing's ever f**king easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment