Wednesday 14 July 2010

F**king Projectors, Sodding Platters and 4 Hours Sleep

Was it really nearly a week ago I made my last post, how one gets distracted by the crud of existence. To start with I am now the proud owner of a Pathe Super Vox which means I have joined that rare breed within a rare breed of being not only a 9.5er but a sound 9.5er! At least I was until yesterday when I was giving a demonstration to the family and the thing packed up about a third of the way through the reel. Now when I try to start it the motor won't turn and it trips the electrics. Luckily I know a friendly wizard who's going to have a look at it on Friday so hopefully...

So last night I had four hours sleep because I dozed off in the evening, this is the one thing I try and avoid at all costs because it always means I sleep badly and it really screws me up. Nevertheless I had to be at the Trust and I consoled myself with the thought that my work was just checking through film prints so it wouldn't involve much in the way of physical exertion. I spent the day shifting boxes and screens and crawling around on the floor try to fit allen screws into a sodding film platter!

Nothing's ever f**king easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment